OHM Cycles, a bike company based in Vancouver, Canada, announced on February 28, 2009 its next generation of hybrid electric-assist bicycles for 2009.
Four power packs are now available, each one designed to offer optimum power and range for every rider. According to OHM Cycles President Michael DeVisser, “The OHM Urban and Sport hybrid bicycles are a comprehensive solution for eco-friendly mobility.”.
The OHM hybrid e-bikes, which combine BionX drive technology with a Molicel Rechargeable Li-ion cell battery pack, are the first electric bicycles purpose-built for the North American market.
OHM Cycles can be ridden as a conventional bicycle ,or with pedal assist from the intelligent drive system. They have a center-mounted power pack which provides better balance and weight distribution and maintains a standard wheelbase. Because of its ightweight components and a customized power system, OHM “will send you racing up hills and around the city, with ease.”
For 2009, new features have been added:
- 4 Power packs available – 25 to 70 miles per charge with custom OHM Quick Connect system to easily remove and recharge
- Fast Recharge – 90% capacity in 20 minutes, fully charge in 3 hours, charge over 500 times without loss of capacity
- Intelligent Sensor – Patented BionX torque sensor automatically responds to the way the rider pedals and provides a smooth natural sensation
- Suntour Suspension seat post for a more comfortable ride
- Adjustable stem and handlebars to customize riding position
- Topeak rear carry rack with QuickTrack™ MTX
Powered by Facebook Comments